HSC Fund acquires state-of-the-art and fully let property in Thun

Published by

Martin Signer activities: Managing Director, IR, test, Testing, Testing, Participant, Partner, Media partner, Media partner, Event manager, Events, Tester, Event listing, Tester, IR, IR, Test, Managing Director, IR, IR, IR, IR Partner, Partner, Employer, IR, IR, IR, IR, IR, IR, IR, IR

Oct 23, 2019

The Helvetica Swiss Commercial Fund (HSC Fund) acquires the state-of-the-art and mixed-use commercial property of Meyer Burger Technology Ltd in Thun. The agreed purchase price amounts to CHF 42.5 million, with transfer of ownership expected shortly. 


The HSC Fund signed a purchase contract with Meyer Burger (Switzerland) Ltd for the state-of-the-art and mixed-use commercial property of Meyer Burger in Thun. The property is located in a very good, active economic location, at Schorenstrasse in Thun. The commercial property has around 22,900 square meters rental space and generates annual rental income of around CHF 3.6 million.


The property has long-term leases and is fully let. Meyer Burger Group companies represent around 17% of rental income, the remaining 83% are achieved with different tenants which are independent from Meyer Burger.


High-class building with electricity from renewable sources
The property was constructed in 2011 according to pioneering energy and environmental standards. All electricity used is from renewable sources: 90% comes from Swiss hydro, around 8% from local hydro in Thun and around 2% from solar, wind and biomass. The site also takes advantage of the energy created by its own photovoltaic equipment and the photovoltaic building facade. 


Purchase contract notarized, transfer of ownership expected shortly
The purchase contract was notarized yesterday, 22 October 2019. The final purchase price amounts to CHF 42.5 million and the agreement includes long-term rental income guarantees as well as a graduated payment of the purchase price. The transaction is subject to a pre-emptive right by the city of Thun as well as an approval by the city of Thun. Due to intense discussions with the selling party and with public authorities of the city of Thun, the Fund Manager Helvetica Property Investors expects the transaction to be completed and the transfer of ownership to take place shortly.


Hans R. Holdener, CEO and Managing Partner comments: “With the acquisition of this building, we are able to sustainably expand our real estate portfolio which is focused on attractive properties in good locations, and to continue our growth strategy. For the HSC Fund, the property has substantial valuation potential and is very attractive due to the comprehensive and extensive rental income guarantees as well as due to the graduated payment of the purchase price. We expect further acquisitions during the fourth quarter and a market value of our portfolio of around CHF 700 million by the end of 2019.”  


Articles authored by Martin Signer

Published: May 17, 2020

Published: May 12, 2020

Published: May 11, 2020

Published: May 6, 2020

Published: Apr 27, 2020

Published: Apr 26, 2020

Published: Apr 15, 2020

Published: Apr 6, 2020

Published: Mar 24, 2020

Published: Mar 18, 2020

Published: Mar 18, 2020

Published: Mar 18, 2020

Published: Mar 9, 2020

Published: Mar 6, 2020

Published: Mar 4, 2020

Published: Mar 2, 2020

Published: Feb 24, 2020

Published: Feb 18, 2020

Published: Feb 11, 2020

Published: Feb 9, 2020

Published: Jan 17, 2020

Published: Jan 7, 2020

Published: Jan 3, 2020

Published: Dec 25, 2019

Published: Dec 18, 2019

Published: Nov 26, 2019

Published: Nov 6, 2019

Published: Oct 20, 2019

Published: Oct 12, 2019

Published: Oct 11, 2019

Published: Oct 3, 2019

Published: Oct 2, 2019

Published: Oct 1, 2019

Published: Sep 29, 2019

Published: Sep 29, 2019

Published: Sep 19, 2019

Published: Sep 16, 2019

Published: Sep 14, 2019

Published: Sep 5, 2019

Published: Sep 3, 2019

Published: Aug 30, 2019

Published: Aug 29, 2019

Published: Aug 15, 2019

Published: Jul 21, 2019

Published: Jul 8, 2019

Published: Jun 29, 2019

Published: Jun 11, 2019

Published: May 22, 2019

Published: May 5, 2019

Published: Apr 21, 2019

Published: Apr 19, 2019

Published: Mar 28, 2019

Published: Mar 16, 2019

Published: Mar 16, 2019

Published: Mar 6, 2019

Published: Feb 25, 2019

Published: Feb 24, 2019

Published: Feb 7, 2019

Published: Apr 20, 2018

Published: Feb 18, 2018

Published: Feb 7, 2018