The HomeGroup function on Windows 10 lets you share the files and resources on a small network with other users. Using HomeGroup, you can share docs, media, images, printers, and many more. However, HomeGroup is no longer available on Windows. Still, you can use many other options to share your files and other documents. To know about these options, follow this article and read it carefully.
Use Share Feature to Send Files on Windows 10
The users who want to use the Share feature to send files on Windows 10 can follow the below-written directions.
- Navigate to the File Explorer on your system.
- After that, find the folder wherever the file you would like to share.
- You should choose more than one file you would like to share.
- Then you should share several files by holding down the Control button over the keyboard while selecting files.
- Later, select the ‘Share’ section.
- Now, pick the ‘Share’ option.
- Finally, choose the application that you would like to share the file through.
- You have to pursue any additional steps given.
- Now, the file will be shared.
Using OneDrive on Windows 10
The users keen to use OneDrive on Windows 10 can pursue the directions given below.
- Reach the File Explorer on the PC.
- After that, go to the OneDrive folder wherever the files you would like to share are situated.
- Then select the file and right-click on it you would like to share.
- After that, click on the ‘Share a OneDrive link’ option.
- You will see a link to the file that will be made and put on the clipboard.
- Paste then share the link via the preferred service like mail.
- Later, the file will be shared.
- Now, you should reach the file, right-click on it, and choose ‘More OneDrive sharing options’ to set up expiration passwords, date and edit access, etc.
Turn on Network Discovery and Sharing Options on Windows 10
Users who want to turn on Network Discovery and share options on Windows 10 can use these directions.
- You should select the Start key on the taskbar.
- After that, choose the Settings icon to invoke the Settings.
- Then select the ‘Network and Internet’ option on the Settings screen.
- Go to the ‘Sharing options.’
- You will see an advanced sharing screen.
- Beneath the ‘Private’ tab, select the ‘radio button’ for ‘Turn on Network discovery.’
- Don’t forget to mark the ‘Turn on automatic setup of networked connected devices’ box.
- You should enable the ‘Turn on file and printer sharing’ button.
- Additionally, extend the block of ‘All Networks.’
- You should alternatively enable the ‘public folder sharing’ whether you would like people on the home network to be capable of reaching or changing the standard public folders.
- Also, you should select the ‘enable the password protected sharing’ option whether you require it.
- Then choose the ‘Save changes’ option.
- Now, the Network Discovery will be turned on.
- Then pursue similar instructions on every PC on the local network.
- Each system on the network will show into the ‘Network’ tab of the File Explorer.
So, go through these steps given in this blog and share files and printers without HomeGroup on Windows 10.