The Swiss – Asian Chamber of Commerce was formed by merging the Swiss - South East Asian Chamber of Commerce (SEA), inaugurated in 1994, and the Swiss - Korean Chamber of Commerce (SKCC), inaugurated in 1985, on Tuesday, May 24, 2005, in Zurich, Switzerland, as a private non-profit association. Our chamber’s membership numbers over 510 and is drawn from leading Swiss multinational corporations and small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs), as well as expert individuals. Its main purpose is to promote economic and business relations between Switzerland, Southeast Asia, Bahrain, Kazakhstan, Korea, Mongolia, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Timor-Leste, UAE and Uzbekistan based on the principle of reciprocal benefit. The Chamber serves as a forum for all firms, institutions, government bodies and individuals interested in the bilateral relations between Switzerland, Southeast Asia, Bahrain, Kazakhstan, Korea, Mongolia, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Timor-Leste, UAE and Uzbekistan. The Chamber is a non-governmental association and receives no grants or financial aid of any kind. To maintain an efficient and member-oriented activity serving the interest of Swiss, Southeast Asian, Bahrain, Kazakhstan, Korean, Mongolian, Pakistan, Sri Lankan, Taiwanese, Timorese and Uzbek business communities, the Chamber depends on the financial support of a strong and growing membership base. The Chamber’s activities cover the following Asian countries: Bahrain, Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan and VietnamShow more
The Chamber also provides invaluable assistance in the establishment, expansion and maintenance of a business in this important region by offering
• A broad network of direct contacts with business and trade associations, government authorities and
• A business-minded approach and information adapted to your business
• An emphasis on "best practice" - information which can help you surmount the costly learning curve for
new businesses in the ASEAN, Bahrain, Korean, Mongolian, Pakistani, Sri Lankan, Taiwanese, Timorese and
• Access to the experience and the knowledge needed by companies and individuals doing business in the
• Efficient and member-oriented services of the highest quality
• Luncheons which allow you to meet, learn from, and interact with the CEOs of major corporations, or with
decision-makers from the ASEAN region, Bahrain, Korea, Mongolia, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Timor-
• Regular practice-oriented workshops, seminars, and roundtable meetings, which allow members to better
understand and reduce the "hidden" costs of doing business in the ASEAN region, Bahrain, Korea,
Mongolia, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Timor-Leste and Uzbekistan.
• The members of SACC benefit from a wide range of services either free of charge or at a reduced rate.